Tuesday, June 8, 2010

She & Him at Millenium Park

Since I live in the fine city of Chicago, I am privy to the bounty of things to do here. Yesterday, Millenium Park offered a free concert by the band She & Him. I have listened to She & Him before, but I couldn't really get into their first album, Volume One. I found it slow and boring- I like Zooey Deschanel's voice, but there were some songs that just kept going, and going, and going, and going until I wanted to fall asleep. It had some songs that I really liked, like I Was Made For You, but other than that I found it quite unremarkable. I really enjoy their new album, Volume Two. She & Him add more indie-pop, upbeat sounds to this album that will be stuck in your head for days, and this is most evidenced in the song In the Sun. But I didn't write this blog to review She & Him albums, I wrote it to show you the awesome pictures and video I got!


Full House!




The band from a distance (Who the heck is the guy with the dorky grin in the center?)


This train of hipsters and I managed to push and dance our way to the very front of the stage.


Were getting closer....




Holy crap she can play piano!


By this point I had managed to muscle my way to the very front of the stage...


The best shot I managed to get...every indie guy's dream!




Here's the video I got!

All in all, it was a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment