Friday, April 2, 2010

The adventure begins



Hello out there, internet. I know what you're thinking: "Why the heck do we need another idiot on the web ranting and raving about things he hates? Don't I see enough of that?" Honestly, yes, you do see enough of that. But forget all of it.

I suppose that I should start off with an introduction. Around the internet, I'm usually known as Seekr12. You may have seen me on XboxLive, 1up, Last.FM, and a myriad of other fine internet destinations. On this blog, I will be known as "The Pixelated Cynic".

I am one that loves media. I love to analyze it, criticize it, talk about it, and enjoy it. However, I am about to graduate from college with a social work degree. While I love social work, it doesn't really give me an outlet to discuss this love of mine. I am often found discussing media with friends, but I would love to write about it. Writing is a hobby of mine, and lately I have only been using it as a slave to finish term papers and write treatment plans for clients. The time has come again for me to write for my enjoyment.

The aims of this blog are to:
1. Intelligently discuss media I have enjoyed.
2. Tear apart media I have absolutely despised.
3. Become a place where people can debate and fight over media.
4. Become one of those sites that are oft referenced and develop an obsessive fan following.

Yes, aim number 4 is a lofty goal, and it is unlikely that it will ever happen. But one can dream, and it is my dream to become a reputable media blogger in my spare time.

Also, you can expect rare posts where I discuss current happenings in my life. I do not want this blog to become a place for me to "vent", so if I ever get too angsty, hold me accountable. I used to write a blog in my high school years that was filled with angst and depression, and I've had my fill of those days.

So, here we go. My posting at the beginning of this blog will probably be quite sporadic, but rest assured the content I publish will be entertaining. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment